Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Little about Photographer Martin Schoeller

 The artist Martin Schoeller is responsible for some of the most famous portrait photographs today. Most are just close ups of the face, plain and simple, but I think that's what makes him so special. He can take a a photo of someones face and add so much life and story behind it. There's more skill to his work than first meets the eye.
 I chose this particular photographer as my subject because I am a portrait artist and mainly draw realistic portraits with graphite and charcoal. I use Schoeller's photographs for reference images. I had no Idea I was using his imagery until I looked him up. He is responsible for thousands of portraits of mostly famous indivuals.
His portraits are on the cover of several magazines and used around the world. He is one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment